SERVPRO of Joliet On Speed Dial
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter to you most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO of Joliet is so important.
To get the team that’s faster to any size disaster we recommend you tell your building engineers and property managers to add the following contact to their mobile devices:
Emergency Fire Water Cleanup
Having this important contact information will increase the response time for our technicians to mobilize and act swiftly to get your home or business back to the way it was.
We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire
communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for
1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best: Your trusted, local
SERVPRO of Joliet franchise professional. We can help make it "Like it never even happened."
Did you know?
Residues (such as burning plastics or the soot from furnace disorders) form long chains of ionized smoke particles that assemble in corners or at junctions of walls and ceilings which are called smoke webs!
The picture is from a fire damage that our large loss division assisted with out of state. The building had 35,000 square feet that was affected, it took our team a few weeks to completely clean the facility.
Does your business have a plan? Check out these tips:
Protect your people : Your employees are your most important business asset. These tips can help prevent them from being injured in a fire.
- Fire Plans: Make sure your employees know what to do if there's a fire, including calling 911 immediately. Conduct a fire drill at least once a year to keep employees aware of your workplace fire safety protocol.
- Evacuation Plan: In larger buildings, post a fire evacuation plan in several spots around the workplace. Never include elevators in an evacuation plan; always use the stairs.
- First Aid: In case of fire injuries, your employees should be familiar with the location of the first-aid kit, which should be kept where possible hazards can occur most-such as in the kitchen.
Call SERVPRO of Joliet (815) 436-5735
Getting Prepared For Bad Weather
Business owners control many things, but weather isn’t one of them. Be it a snow storm, heavy rain or flooding, sooner or later, bad weather is bound to cause an inevitable hiccup in your business. Are you ready? The time to prepare is not when the forecast predicts a hurricane. Check out these ways to prepare your business for bad weather in Joliet long before it shows up.
Create a Bad Weather Plan
Surprisingly, while business owners make a written plan for many things, weather isn’t always one of the. But bad weather can create a perfect storm of issues, from pipe burst issues to logistical problems. Before those worst cases scenarios become realities, come up with a plan for how to operate in bad weather. It should cover
- Who will communicate with employees in a weather crisis
- Evacuation or shelter in place plans
- What the overall business weather policy is Form Evacuation Plans
There are times when weather poses immediate danger. One example is if a snow storm leads to a fallen tree or debris that damages part of your facility. Having a plan for leaving the building is ideal for such scenarios. Outline the route employees should take to safety and appropriate maps to ensure everyone knows how to get out. Protect Your Building After your employees, protecting your building is the next priority. Invest in backup generators to keep critical devices running and safe while you’re out of the office for bad weather. If flooding is expected, gather sandbags for doors and windows and consider moving furniture and electrical equipment to higher levels to prevent water damage. Whether your business is devastated or merely derailed by a snow storm or other bad weather depends a lot on how well you prepare. Use these tips as a starting point for facing bad weather and storm damage with ease.
Floods are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. Whether your home or business is near a coastline, along city streets, in the mountains, near a river, or even in the desert-there is always potential for flood damage. Fema.gov reports in the last 5 years, all 50 states have experiences floods or flash floods. Just because you haven't experiences a flood in the past does not mean you won't in the future. In fact, nearly 20% of all flood insurance claims come from moderate-to-low risk areas, and even just one inch of flood damage in an average home can cost you up to $27,000.
If you experience flooding call the experts at SERVPRO of Joliet and we will make it "Like it never even happened."
Coal City Tornadoes from 2015
Tornadoes are violent and can completely destroy well-made structures, uproot trees and send objects through the air like deadly missiles and they can happen anywhere. Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Identify a save place in your home where family and pets will gather during a tornado: a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
- In a high rise building, if you don't have have enough time to go to the lowest floor, pick a hallway in the center of the building.
- In a mobile home, choose a safe place in a nearby sturdy building. If your mobile home park has a designated shelter, make it your safe place. No mobile home is safe in a tornado.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!!!
Tornado Watch: means a tornado is possible.
Tornado Warning: means a tornado is already occurring or will occur soon. GO TO YOUR SAFE PLACE IMMEDIATELY.
Always remember to play it safe and we are always here, if you need us. SERVPRO of Joliet 815-436-5735.
Recipe for Fire Safety
Cooking Safety Tips:
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you have to leave the room for even a second, turn your stove or cooking device off.
- When you are simmering, baking, or roasting, check the food regularly or use a timer to remind you.
- Keep cooking areas clean and clear of combustibles such as potholders, paper towels, food packaging, etc...
- Keep children away from cooking areas by enforcing a "kid-free zone" of at least three feet around the stove.
- If an oven fire starts, turn off the oven and keep the door closed. If the fire does not go out, get out of the house and the fire department.
Please remember that education in prevention is the best way to keep you and your family safe. In the event there is a fire, call your local fire department and then call SERVPRO of Joliet at 815-436-5735 to help you with all your fire restoration needs.
A Coordinated Response For A Large Disaster
Not all disasters are created equal, and a catastrophic loss requires a large response. With a local presence in nearly 1700 communities, SERVPRO also has the ability to respond to large disasters. The disaster mitigation franchise has played a helpful role in many of the past decade's biggest storms, from Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans to the great floods in Houston and Texas. That's because the local franchise has access to corporate resources that can be deployed if necessary. It's the best of both worlds: rapid emergency response with arrival in four hours, and added expertise and equipment for large jobs.
Big problems such as flooding, tornadoes and rampant wildfires require knowledge and training. Each disaster has its unique set of problems to address and solve. That's what a successful recovery process calls for. A top remediation team offers the following solutions:
- Trained technicians
- Specialized equipment to address storm damage
- A restoration process that limits expenses
- Quick recovery
- Knowledge to complete difficult tasks
A catastrophic loss in Romeoville, IL, has many aspects, from document damage to the prospect of computer systems being affected. Everything from water removal to soot and smoke damage may need to be addressed. Experience and training combine to meet these challenges.
The Advantages of Organization
Through it all, insurance adjusters and business owners can feel confident that detailed records are being kept to handle an insurance claim. This includes detailed estimates of loss, followed by an itemized list of damaged contents. Photo records of damages will be digitized and all paperwork will be available in hard copy. This information can be sent to all parties so a claim will be processed quickly.
It's important for business owners to know that a company is Here to Help during a catastrophic loss. Corporate resources mean no job is too big, and that recovery is right around the corner.
Timely Attention is a Key Element in Remediation
Mold remediation involves both mold cleanup and moisture control.
When you call mold remediation specialists to handle your mold problem, their service includes not only cleaning up the growth but also fixing the moisture problem that led to it. High humidity can also lead to mold problems, so it's good to keep the humidity level of your building to 45% or lower.
Timely Attention is a Key Element in Remediation
Once you discover a mold problem on your property, call the experts at once. Mold does not just go away. It multiplies quickly, and it may keep growing until the problem is resolved.
Mold growth is not a problem to take lightly. If you call remediation experts quickly and manage to control the moisture problems that led to it in the first place, you can resolve issue.
Call us at 815.436.5735 if you have questions about the problem in your home.
Essential Things to Note About Water Mitigation for Electronics
SERVPRO of Joliet Uses Simple and Advanced Approaches in Joliet Homes to Save Electronics.
Since there are several electronics in a home, water intrusion can impact some if not all of them. An appropriate response helps limit damage or salvage some affected items. Electronics pose many challenges to water restoration, unlike other house items like furniture, which can be readily dried or subjected to rigorous cleaning procedures.
When conducting water mitigation in Illinois households, managing affected electronics depends on how the damage occurs. SERVPRO of Joliet facilitates some of the mitigation processes or involves a specialist to help clean and restore appliances and other electronic items
Water damage can affect electronics through:
- Direct water contact
- High indoor humidity
- Temperature plummeting to the dew point
Water can splash on items or submerge them if placed on the floor. Such direct contact causes significant damage since the water involved is sufficient to reach the internal components of an appliance. Timely intervention can improve the chances of saving such items since significant damage rarely happens immediately on contacting water.
Actions that help electronics exposed to water include:
- Unplugging all items from power sources
- Extracting any water inside the items
- Maintaining temperature above the dew point
SERVPRO of Joliet helps ensure that such actions are taken in good time for effectiveness. For instance, when you call, our customer support staff guide you on the immediate steps you can take to save valued items, including unplugging them from power sources. We can also assist with water removal and temperature regulation on arrival at your property, especially if portable heaters are necessary.
Apart from the damage caused by direct water contact, problems can develop from exposure to humid air due to condensation inside the items. When our SERVPRO technicians set up dehumidifiers in the property during restoration, evaporation from standing water cannot drive humidity to unsafe levels.
SERVPRO of Joliet handles all types of water mitigation. Call us at (815) 436-5735. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What To Do To Prepare For A Flood
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States.
- Know types of flood risks in your area. Visit FEMA's Flood Map Service Center https://msc.fema.gov/portal for information.
- Sign up for your community's warning system (EAS) The Emergency Alert System.
- If flash flooding is a risk in your location, monitor potential sign, such a heavy rain.
- Learn and practice evacuation routes, shelter plans,and flash flood response.
- Gather supplies in case you have to leave immediately or if services are cut off including medications, pet needs, batteries or and other critical equipment.
- Purchase or renew a flood insurance policy. It typically takes up to 30 days to go into effect. Get Flood coverage under the(NFIP) the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Keep important documents in a waterproof container. Create password protected digital copies.
- Protect your property by moving valuables to higher levels, declutter drains and gutters, install check valves and consider a sump pump with a battery.
Remember that SERVPRO of Joliet, 815-436-5735 is available 24/7 to help you if the need should arise.