Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
DEFENSE AGAINST MOLD GROWTH
Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions.
- Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
- Contact SERVPRO of Joliet for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold.
SERVPRO of Joliet 815-436-5735
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (815) 436-5735
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Joliet for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Joliet has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Joliet proudly serves Joliet, Romeoville, Crest Hill, and surrounding areas.