Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
DEFENSE AGAINST MOLD GROWTH
Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions.
- Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
- Contact SERVPRO of Joliet for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold.
SERVPRO of Joliet 815-436-5735
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (815) 436-5735
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Joliet for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Joliet has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Joliet proudly serves Joliet, Romeoville, Crest Hill, and surrounding areas.