Different Types of Home Fire Extinguishers
Smoke and fire damage is something all of us at SERVPRO of a would like to see you avoid. In the event that the worst happens and you're faced with this kind of disaster, you can count on us to lend a helping hand.
We have a team of highly trained professionals to walk with you each step of the way when repairing the damage from smoke, water, and fire in your home or office.
SERVPRO of Joliet recommends you have at least one fire extinguisher and know how to use it in case of a fire.
Types of Home Fire Extinguishers:
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the home.
If you are faced with a small fire, use the following tips. Remember: If you aren't sure you can put it out yourself, everyone should exit the building and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of Joliet wants you to know that you should try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
- You have the correct class of fire extinguisher