After the storm
This Spring and Summer has been quite a wet and stormy one and with that comes weather related injuries and fatalities. This is why it is important to educate both you and your family about post-storm safety.
Immediately after a storm where there was heavy rain, strong damaging winds, and lightening consider the following:
- Do not let children play near storm drains. Every year children are sucked into storm drains and carried away.
- Do not touch metal objects outside, there may be power lines down on the object which energizes the object. This could be a fence, guard rail, or baseball stop.
- Do not touch or pick up any wires that you see either laying on the ground or hanging low. They may be energized or could become energized at any time.
- Do not walk in flooded basements if your power is still connected. You could become electrocuted should water make contact with an electrical source.
- If your home is out of electrical power, use extra caution when using candles for light.
- Be careful using a gas powered generator which could cause Carbon Monoxide poisoning if not vented properly.
Please remember to keep you and your family safe and remember that SERVPRO of Joliet, Illinois is always available to help you with your restoration needs. 815-436-5735.