Biohazard Contamination Tips to Stay Safe
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Joliet has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
Here are a few tips from our website that can help while you are waiting for help to arrive:
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
When your home or business needs biohazard remediation services, SERVPRO of Joliet has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day.